Sunday, February 6, 2011

Trip to Cleveland February Third Day

This was a day devoted to snowboarding and the Super Bowl. Brendan and I took Brock to a snowboard competition. We arrived at the ski area around 8:30 and left around 3:00. Fortunately it wasn't terribly cold although my feet certainly felt the effects on standing on ice and snow for five hours! I was able to get inside for lunch, some rest, and the award ceremonies. Brock competed in the border cross and slope style and took first place in his age class. No surprise to me that he was the youngest competitor in both.

When we got back to the house, we got cleaned up while the kids played out in the snow. Eileen had fixed some awesome chili for the game. Brock is rooting for the Steelers while Brendan and I are pulling for the Packers who are leading at half time. Well the Packers pulled it off. Congratulations to all the cheeseheads I know and love.

No comments:

Post a Comment