Sunday, May 1, 2011

Trip to Huntington Beach Second Day



Galen was up early and baking.  He made brioche.  He uses Julia's recipe.  According to Galen, when it is a French bread, he does exactly what Julia says with no innovation on his part.  His only change is that he bakes it as rolls rather than a loaf since that works better with a "grazing" family.  They were yummy especially with the lemon curd.  I also had a chance to get some nice photos of Marshmallow, the family pet.  He is obviously the guardian of the family remote control.

Galen, Laura, and I took Maggie and Thomas to Shipley Nature Center in Huntington Beach where the annual community event was underway.  I went last year as well.  We visited the booth for the Bolsa Chica Ecological Preserve.  Laura is active in the leadership of the Bolsa Chica Stewards, a group of volunteers that work in the reclaiming of the area for native plants.  Galen and I hiked around some of the trails with Thomas and Maggie.

When we returned home, I took Robert and Henry to the movies.  They chose "Paul" which, as Robert said, was a lot better than he thought it might be.  For some reason they didn't want to see "Fast Five," the latest "Fast and Furious" release.  That was disappointing to me since I rely on adolescent grandsons to justify my attendance at...well, more adolescent movies.

Then it was back home for some sliders.  After dinner we all watched "Fantastic Mr. Fox" which was quite good with great voice talents:  Bill Murray, Meryl Streep, and George Clooney.  As usual I hit the sack earlier than everyone else and am now up at 5:00 a.m. writing this before even Galen gets up.  Sunday promises to be big day as well.

View the updated Picasa album.

No comments:

Post a Comment