Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Trip to Huntington Beach Fourth Day

My fourth day was Monday and everybody got back to their normal routines:  school and work.  Everyone except Robert who developed a nasty little cold over the weekend and stayed home.  True he was not sick enough that he was unable to practice his guitar but sick nonetheless.

After the kids got off to school, I went to campus with Galen for his office hour before class (no one came by) and then his lecture in the mechanics course.


His lecture was interesting and engaging because he used his bicycle as example.  I actually understood why my front wheel brakes always seem stronger than those on the rear wheel:  static friction on the front wheel is greater and poses the greater risk of going end up especially going down hill.  After class we stopped by The Sports Authority so I could pick up a long sleeved rash-guard t-shirt for sun protection on our bike ride.


Once back home, I had a couple pieces of fruit and we set off on the recumbent bikes.  Click here for a link to our ride.  It was a beautiful day with a nice tail wind on the way out and a head wind on the way back.  Everything went well till we were making the transition from the beach trail to the street on the way back home.  I failed to negotiate the pole auto barriers and crashed into one.  Fortunately neither I nor the bike were injured, just a bit sore:  me not the bike as far as I know.

We had pizza for dinner and then out to one of my favorite places, Cherry on Top, for self serve frozen yogurt with a huge variety of toppings.  All for 39 cents an ounce.  Nice.  Tonight I was the first to go to bed!

Go to the updated Picasa album.

No comments:

Post a Comment