Friday, April 8, 2011

Visit to Kansas City Second Day

The day began with breakfast in the dining room.  Mom typically does not get going early enough or she just doesn't want to go through the hassle of going down, but when she has company we usually do go down. Then it was off to do some shopping.  She is always concerned about getting her place organized and putting things where she can remember their location.  She has decided that she needs another under-bed storage box.  So off we went to Walmart.  There were some but Mom thought they were too expensive so off we went to Lowe's.  Same result, of course.  However we did find some extra large film storage bags.  These were reasonably priced and that sealed the deal.

I had lunch with my brother Terry.  It was an enjoyable two and a half hours of conversation and humor.  It was wonderful that he and Johnny were in town for one of their extended visits.

Back at the facility, Mom and I had dinner at her usual table.  It was good to see Bill, Bill (there are two Bills at the table), Barbara, and Rose.  The wait person was Joanie who it is always nice to see.  I went out after dinner hoping to find some good light for some photos.  Alas, I should have stayed at Mom's.  When I got back, I took some lovely shots of her and Gertie.

The day is ending as it often does in Kansas City this time of the year:  severe storm warnings.  I have seen lightning or heard thunder since last summer.  I am looking forward to it although the golf ball sized hail is a little off-putting.

View the photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment