Saturday, April 9, 2011

Visit to Kansas City Third Day

I started the day with a visit to Starbucks and a conversation with my sister, Louisa.  She is in the final few weeks of rehab after knew replacement surgery.  She is feeling good and I couldn't notice any limp in her walk.  After we finished, she went to mom's to set her hair in preparation for dinner tonight at Sweet Tomatoes and Sunday at the Union Station.

The temperature on Mom's thermometer on her deck reached a high of 92.  So hot, in fact, that when I returned from a trip to the Plaza, she asked me to turn on the AIR CONDITIONING!  Believe it or not!

We picked up Anola and then drove to Sweet Tomatoes where we met Louisa and Mary and Bob.  We had a leisurely meal and good conversation.  One of the things I learned was that the MAX bus system in Kansas City has been commissioning works of art in and around the major transfer points along Troost Ave, the main thoroughfare of my growing up in Kansas City.  After dinner Mom, Anola, and I visited two of them:  at 75th and Troost and 39th and Troost.  There are a couple of more--one of which sounds spectacular--that I plan to visit Sunday.

View the photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment