Friday, April 8, 2011

Visit to Kansas City First Day

I flew to Kansas City on Thursday April 7.  Leaving Rochester was delayed due to low ceilings and visibility at O'Hare in Chicago.  I learned that when a flight is headed into challenging weather, it takes on extra fuel in case the flight needs to divert and spend time in a holding pattern.  As a result, my fully booked flight was overweight. Since I had a four hour layover at O'Hare anyway, I volunteered to take a later flight, still able to get my original connection.  Result?  I got a $200 voucher!  An excellent beginning to the trip.

I found Mom in good spirits and looking great.  I will post some images soon.  Fortunately Terry, my brother, had proceeded me and had left some roasted chicken breast and plenty of fresh fruit.  I will have lunch with him Friday.

No comments:

Post a Comment