Friday, August 26, 2011

Trip to Kansas City August 2011 Second Day

The weather was beautiful today, just right for a drive to Liberty to visit Matt and Amy at ACES Cake Shop and  Bakery Supply.  Their business is very impressive and doing quite well.  I can personally vouch for the apple dumplings.  I bought a couple and when I got back to Mom's place she let me know that I shouldn't eat hers!  Gee, I thought I was going to get both.  Matt looks great.  Obviously this all agrees with him.  I am sure that he will eventually add a shipping option.  For now, we can all just make that short side trip to Liberty when we fly into town.

Meanwhile, back at Grand Court, Mom was busy putting the finishing touches on her wedding gift to Kate and Ryan, getting her hair done for the big event, and then chilling out with a quick game of Spider.  While she was getting her hair done, I went out to do some shopping, including a stop at the Russell Stover shop to get some special chocolates for Marilyn's Mom.

Mom had dinner at Grand Court while I went to Kate and Ryan's house for a dinner for out of town guests.  It was a lovely evening with delicious barbecue and apple crisp for dessert.  Afterwards I stopped at Bob and Mary's--just around the corner--for a visit before returning to Grand Court.

Click here to go to the photo album.

1 comment:

  1. Hi. just wanted to let you know that I got on with no problem this morning. Soooo, I'm now a faithful follower!

    ReplyDelete