Thursday, January 13, 2011

First Day in Charlotte

No sooner did I get home to Rochester than I left for Charlotte. Liam invited me down to celebrate my birthday--a couple of weeks early. Marilyn is coming down Saturday and we will return Monday. Unfortunately the kids here had snow days Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday and thus will have a makeup day Monday. Marilyn and I will have to find somethings to keep us occupied.

The kids just got home from school. You can see Aidan and Marin to the left. Eibhlin is still napping after an exhausting first trip to the dentist. More pictures will be coming later today.

Marin took me on a tour of the house before dinner. This seemed a little strange since I have been here before...many times. However I understood her thinking when she showed me her
room, the last stop on her little tour. She did the design and it is spectacular. she even has a little fairie cave underneath the bed. Then she surprised me with two gifts. A ceramic rabbit and a paper turtle rattle. Only after I was taking a picture of them did I realize that she had given me a tortoise and a hare. When I asked her about that, she said she hadn't realized that either. We had a good laugh about it.

For more pictures, including one of Marin in her fairie cave, go to the photo album.

No comments:

Post a Comment