Monday, January 17, 2011

Fourth Day in Charlotte

Our day began with attendance at Transformation Church. We went there the last time I visited. It is a newly formed church which will be celebrating its first anniversary in February. They have three services: Saturday afternoon, Sunday 9:00 am and 11:00 am. It exemplifies the well known strategy for planting a church: good contemporary music, good preaching, and good hospitality. Find out more about Transformation Church.

After church, we joined the Epperly family for lunch at don Pablo's, a wonderful Mexican restaurant in the neighborhood. A usual, I ate more than I should have and enjoyed every bite. After a quick nap--mine, that is--Liam and I took Aidan and Marin to see the latest Narnia movie. They enjoyed it a lot. When we got out of the movie, we learned that Seattle had battled back in the game with Chicago but lost nonetheless.

When we got home, we found a lot of visitors both adult and children. Liam and I started watching the Patriots and Jets. During the game, Liam grilled up some of the tenderloins from the deer he had bagged...with a bow no less. I ate that and then ate a full fillet from an ordinary cow. Both were delicious. Marcie had made a carrot cake which had been getting even better in the refrigerator over night. I had more than one piece of that as I watched the Patriots lose.

Liam and I stayed up to watch a movie: Boondock Saints with Willem Dafoe. It was different to be sure. After all that food, I, of course, had a hard time staying asleep and spent a restless night which is unusual for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment